Sister Emily Mangum is a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, serving in the New Mexico Albuquerque Mission.

June 25, 2014

Crazy week with lots of news

Hi Mom and Dad!

How has your week been? 
It sounds like things at home are going well!
I’m so glad you are having fun in Ohio! 
And I’m glad that they liked the presents!


Family in White Rock

This week has been nuts here in White Rock New Mexico. 
We have sort of been crazy all over the place.

The member we live with, her son is really into the world cup and his whole family is over a lot upstairs watching the games.  It makes studying difficult, but it’s funny to know that that’s what you are doing at home as well.  :)

This week has been a bit crazy for us as well.  My comp has been sick, so we’ve been stuck inside a lot.  Which leaves me with a lot of time to read my scriptures.  I’m trying to drag myself through Psalms..... I’ve fallen asleep so many times: /

So because she was sick, I had to go on splits. And then had to teach several classes by myself.  You know that’s my favorite thing to do. :(
At least I’m not dead.

Today is p-day because tomorrow is transfers. My comp, Sister Grigg is leaving.  We’ve been together of three transfers, which is kind of a long time.

Then there is another twist we moved!  We lived with a member, but she is downsizing, so we are moved into an apartment last weekend! Yay! It was a lot of work but turned out alright.  We had went and looked at an apartment. Super nice. We had hoped we would get in.  Otherwise we would have been living in Los Alamos, which is really far out of our area.  Done that, not fun.

The Mission brought up a bunch of furniture and a bunch of ward members helped us move.  We put some of the young men in charge of building shelves and desks, it was hilarious, until one of our investigators showed up and helped :) Love them!
Here's the shocker, So we finished bringing things up like the plates and mops and such, and My comp and I went down to help with some of the big furniture.
We went around the back to the trailer, and we both just stood there for several seconds trying to figure out what was wrong.
So all of the mattresses and box springs were lined up in the back. And there were a lot of them. Too many.

So apparently Instead of just getting one new person, I’m getting two. I’m going to be in a trio.  Oh Joy. It doesn’t happen very often, but it does happen.
So that will be tomorrow’s excitement. :/

Dad, when you were on your mission were you ever in a trio?  
I think this is going to be an interesting transfer... I’m a little nervous.
I really don’t know how a trio will go.  The third person could be a visa waiter or have to leave early for some reason.  I guess I’ll find out tomorrow. But trios usually don’t last longer than a transfer.  I guess we shall see :)

I’m not sure what my new address is yet, but on the other hand, we don't have a mail key either, so I won’t be getting any mail until we figure out how to get that.

You should just send stuff to the mission home until we figure it out.

4400 presidential Dr. NE Suite E
Albuquerque, NM 87109


On another exciting note, our car got broken into this week.  In White Rock. The safest, family oriented town I’ve ever seen in my life. 
Now the driver door won’t open from the inside :(  

Sis. Grigg thinks it’s so funny that one of my new comps is going to have to open my door for me....

Oh well, Life goes on :)

Dad, When were Grandma and Grandpa Mangum Mission presidents here? 

There is a woman in the ward who joined about 20ish years ago in Las Cruces, and she wants to find the missionaries who taught and baptized her.  Thanks in advance for the address!

I did get the CD. Thank you So much! It’s just what I needed :)

Love you!
Em


PS: The pic is us at dinner last night and we were giving a dinner message to 14 kids :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment