Sister Emily Mangum is a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, serving in the New Mexico Albuquerque Mission.

October 9, 2013

Helllooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Email - October 9, 2013

Hi Mom and Dad and Everyone!

Yep, I'm alive, I think. It been pretty good. I sent you a letter earlier this week, but I can't remember what I put in that letter, so sorry if I talk about the same thing twice. :) Its the one day that I actually get to email at the MTC, because my P day is Wednesday and we leave for Albuquerque on Monday morning! YAY! 

I'm so ready to go to New Mexico, the MTC has been great, but I'm ready. It definitely has been a little overwhelming, Its a spiritual overload.  

My companion is Sister Shayla Shaner from Idaho, and she is super nice.  One of the activities we do here to prepare for the field is with practice investigators.  People from the community come in and pretend to be investigators and we have to teach them. Sister Shaner and I have two right now. The first lesson was rough, but its gotten a lot better now. They started us off easy, then yesterday we got an investigator named Belinda who had no spiritual background at all. It was an adventure, that's for sure, still not quite sure what happened or where to go, but i'm sure we'll figure it out.  
I love my classes and my teachers. I have really good teachers, and i think i told you, but one of my teachers is JC Walton's cousin. He said they call him Big Zach because his name is Zach as well. Funny huh? Small world.

I'm not even in New Mexico yet but I already feel different. Everyone says a mission is challenging and its true.  You learn to really, truly, and wholly rely on the lord.  It pushes you so far out of your comfort zone. Prayer becomes even more essential than I ever realized it was before. If there is one thing that ive learned so far is that if you honestly do all you can, then turn to the Lord in Prayer, you can do things that you never thought possible.

I'll probably write a letter and mail it later today, my computer time is up. Love you all so much!!!
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment