Sister Emily Mangum is a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, serving in the New Mexico Albuquerque Mission.

October 7, 2013

Quick Note From MTC

Letter arrived in the mail Monday 10/7/2013

Hi Everyone!

How are you guys?  I got to the MTC alright and am totally overwhelmed but that is okay because everyone is.  My preparation day isn't until Wednesday, so normally i couldn't write or email until then but my Branch President told us we can take time from personal study to write since our only preparation day isn't for a week.

Its crazy here.  I think they told us there are 4,000 missionaries here.  My first companion is Sister Shaner from Idaho.  She is really nice and completely the opposite of me.  She talks to everyone.  She actually reminds me a lot of Jess.

My entire District is also going to Albuquerque.  There are two sets of Elders and then Sister Shaner and I.  There is also another District of missionaries going to Albuquerque the same day.  Almost 15 of us.

I have really good teachers.  One of my teachers looks and acts exactly like David Baker, it is very strange, same voice, same face, same mannerisms.  One of the other teachers is related to the Waltons.  He said that he is J.C.'s cousin, his name is Brother Larson.

I actually met some Sisters who are going to serve in Jacksonville.  They seem really nice.

Most of the day here is spent in class.  We have lots of classes and lots of study time.  We actually are already preparing lessons for our 'MTC Investigators."  Our District teachers have two potential investigators and each of the companionships had to pray about which would be best for us to teach.  Then we have to decided how we want to teach them.  The investigator isn't real but it is still interesting to go through the process of figuring out how to teach that person.

Since we don't memorize discussions anymore, we spend most of our class time learning teaching skills and how to teach by the spirit.

I love my District and the people in my Branch.  I will write on Wednesday.  Love you all!

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment