Sister Emily Mangum is a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, serving in the New Mexico Albuquerque Mission.

January 7, 2014

Happy New Year!

Hi Mom and Dad!

How was your Christmas break?

I didn’t exactly get a break, but my holidays were still fun.




Transfers are tomorrow, so P-day got moved to today.  I get to stay in Belen, Sister Smith is leaving.  I am so happy for many reasons. I love Belen and I was sure that if I had to stay with this companion again, so I was going to go nuts.  But I’m also super nervous because I still feel like I’m about a week out and have no idea what I’m doing. I’m not sure I am ready to take over this area.  At least I’m not training...

Tomorrow will be the interesting part of the week. I don’t know who my new companion will be, but one of the Elders said that she will probably be newer than me or out the same length of time.  That is very scary to me.  But as long as she’s a talker, it will be ok.  Whoever this new Sister is, I hope she has a good work ethic, because she’s going to work hard :)

All of the days are starting to run together, I can’t remember what happened this week and what happened a month ago. Time is going so fast.

These past few weeks have been super hard, and I’ve been being extremely patient with everything.  Thank goodness for kind members and the Elders. Without them I would have gone crazy.  I was super stressed and didn’t know what to do. So I asked a member for a blessing and in the blessing he said that my trials are for my learning and as soon as I’ve learned what I’m supposed to my burdens and trials will be removed.

We are going hiking with the District today and then Sister Smith wants to say goodbye to some people in the ward. Then the Socorro Sisters are coming to spend the night at our apartment. So it should be a good day, just not too sure about the rest of the week. 



This is the Belen missionaries. Me, Sister Smith, Elder Lee and Elder Goff.  Then the Spanish missionaries and The Sisters in Socorro, about an hour south of us, then the Alamo reservation Elders, about an hour south of Socorro.  We are all super close, and it’s great when we have zone training and can all get together.



This is a picture of our district.

I guess something interesting is that we got in trouble with the car.  We are only allotted a certain amount of miles a month, and last month was zone conference and car inspection so we all had to drive to Albuquerque (About 100 miles round trip) and we ended up going over about 90 miles. So we got our car taken away for a couple days. Which is fine, we can walk, but we live 8 miles outside of our area. It takes 3 and a half hours just to get to our area. I’m super sore.

We’ve had some fun experiences these past couple weeks.  Haven’t had a whole lot of teaching experiences, although we did manage to find a couple new people to teach! Hooray! That makes my life a whole lot less stressful.

The ward gave us a list of people to go find. We got lost in the middle of nowhere. Dirt roads. Nearly lost the bottom of our car.  I don’t know who it was we were supposed to find, but they don’t exist.....at least not there. We did find some random cows though, that’s kind of interesting

I’ve learned so much in this area, it’s amazing! I’m so glad I get to spend some more time here.

Thanks for the pepper spray! Nearly got one of the Elders in the face, he was lucky, but even if I had got him, he would have deserved it. Serves him right for jumping out from behind our house in the dark and scaring us.  It was funny though.  Sister Smith was really upset but it made my whole day better, because the day had been extremely long and stressful.  I was laughing for hours afterwards.

I hope everything is going well there. Love you!
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment