Sister Emily Mangum is a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, serving in the New Mexico Albuquerque Mission.

February 18, 2014

White Rock New Mexico

Hi Mom and Dad!
I have a few minutes today to email you and tell you where I got transferred to. 

I am now in Los Alamos County at the northern most part of the mission.  In a town called White Rock.
If you don't know what Los Alamos is, you should look it up.  It is where the atomic bomb was developed. 
Definitely a different type of atmosphere, it is almost the exact opposite of Belen. Everyone is a scientist and works for the national laboratory.

I'm excited for the change and am looking forward to starting to work here.
Apparently there are like 400 members and 350 of them are active. So it should be an interesting place to do missionary work.
My new companion is Sister Grigg and she seems awesome! 

One more picture from Belen.
Angelia, Selena, Liberty and Tomasita.
Angelia and Selena are two of the girls who are working towards baptism in Belen

I'm not sure what my address is, but I’ll find out.  
But I would prefer if all my mail, for now, went to the mission office, that way I don't have to worry about all the transfers. :)
Love you so much!
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment