Sister Emily Mangum is a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, serving in the New Mexico Albuquerque Mission.

February 1, 2014

We have a baptism date!

Sue Brauning and Sister Mangum
She used to live in the New Philadelphia Ward but now lives in Albuquerque.

Hi Mom and Dad!

How are you?
It’s been a long week, but a few good things have happened :)
I got your package. The dress fits great! I love it!
Yay!!! I’m super excited to use the dresses! I can’t wait! 

I heard about the big storms.  Crazy!  We were at a lesson and one of the guys was like "There was a huge storm on the east coast."  But that’s all I heard…

We finally have a solid baptismal date, it is a nine year old from a part member family, so I’m not sure it had much of anything to do with us.... but at least it’s finally someone solid and it’s been fun teaching her. :)  

Do you have any ideas on teaching the word of wisdom to an 8 year old and a 9 year old?  They are super cute and funny but they need something to keep their attention. I keep thinking about having an apple and a cookie, or something like that.  

It’s funny, we are teaching the girl, but her mom isn’t a member and she sits in and listens too.  Their great-grandpa is the one who wants them to be baptized and we were talking and he was like "we could do it at the church." and the mom was like "no, do it here, it’s really interesting."

Last night we got to help the RS President at the high school because she is the drama teacher, so we helped paint sets. It was a lot of fun!  I spend some time talking to the RS President’s son, who is 12. And he reminded me sooooo much of warren! It was so cute

Exchanges are tonight, so I’m happy that I’m getting a break from the area for at least a day :)

This week was rough, it was a week of cancelled and fallen through appointments, which was somewhat frustrating but we tracted a LOT.  We talked to a lot of people, a few semi interested, a few rude.

It’s hard for me to believe that I’m already 4 months into the mission. Crazy!

It’s so funny that Dad is in Salt Lake right now, and I’m not. I still feel like I should be at school right now in downtown. :)

Thanks for the music CDs! They got here today and it’s so awesome!

My watch died. Can I send it to you so you can switch the battery? I’m not sure where I can go to get it done here. There really isn’t much in Belen.

Love you! 
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment